Monday, June 16, 2008

the vaca- Homedale ID & Havasupai AZ

(Berkley Kaden(bretts cousin berkleys buddy) and Great Grandma Turner)


So the last week and 1/2 have been really packed. We first went down to Homedale Idaho for a Turner reunion at Bretts Grandparents house. We had alot of fun. They have abeautiful home overlooking the snake river and Bretts unlces' diary farm. there front rooms are pretty much just all windows so you can see the whole valley. its gorgeous. (Above the Turner cousins and Grandma & Grandpa Turner except for Jaylene & Reagan- Berkley was definatley out number by the boys!)



Berkley & Daddy- she wasn't scared at all- he went slow mom dont worry


(fishing Day! thats Gavin holding the fish- when his mom told him we were gonna eat the fish he asked are we gonna eat the blood? haha)



Berkley loved the animals!so much fun!
We had a good time 4-wheeling looking at the animals and playing with all the boy cousins. We had alot of great food fun and fishing! I hope we can get back there before we move further away from them.


last monday we came back from Homedale (boise area) and my mom & unlce Reid came to stay with Berkley while we went on our hiking adventure in Arizona at Havasupai. Its a big canyon you hike into (10 miles down to the village where the natives live the 2 miles to the campground- crazy long hike!) the village is like nothing Ive ever seen before either, theres no cars, just dirt roads. and everyone has these fences made from sticks and barbed wire. a completly different world.
(Havasu falls-below. the one above I cant remember the name but you climb up, then go to the edge holding a rope then turn around and jump- it was about 40 feet I think) look at that water the picture dosn't do it justice!But theres all these different waterfalls you hike to during the day that are just amazing. The water is completly clear which Ive never seen before. Its just this oasis in the desert. it actually connects to the grand canyon but we opted out of hiking the extra 8 miles to the grand canyon.




mooney falls was the bigest falls and you have to like rock climb down this steep mountain, through caves to get to it. it was pretty crazy but worth it once you got to the botttom.

Im sure I will post more pix of Havasupai. this is probably the longest post ever so Im calling it good for now. we also went to vegas so more pix coming soon......let me know what your vacation plans are. I love SUMMER!!!!!!!

7 comments:

Cari said...

Your trip sounds amazing. I am definitely jealous! The water looks so beautiful.

Joel Landoe said...

Wow. You know you are making competition for that TV series "Man vs Wild".

Cool looking trip.

Matt, Stephanie and Hayden Berglind said...

How fun Emily! We have some fun things planned for the summer, I can't wait! I need to get out of the Northwest for a while...it is way too gloomy. You know how that goes.

So I have a weird request! I LOVE your hair and was wondering if you could send me a photo of it from the front, side and back? I have been trying to get my hair stylist to cut my hair like that, and it never turns out that cute! I am going next week to try again and I would love to bring her some pictures. I know, it is weird...but it should be flattering! haha! My email is msberglind@yahoo.com

Thanks so much!!

Michael and Marisa said...

I am glad you had fun!
hey- I have been trying to remember the name of that home decorating company your sister in law sells for, I wanted to look at that earring rack again. Let me know when you get a chance. Thanks! See ya soon!

Karlee said...

I LOVE summer too! There is SOO much more to do! Looks like ya'll had fun on your little hike! What gave you the idea for that? I'd never think of something like that but it looks like alot of fun...and beautiful!

Neeley said...

Sweet vacation pictures! Looks like tons of fun.

Leah said...

I want to go to has;lfhja;sjhdg that looks like a blast! Holla! to brett and berk on the 4 wheeler!