Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Rock Star Berkley


Its funny that both of these pictures are of her eating, cause I swear thats my life struggle is trying to get here to eat. but you'll notice its fruit it both pictures. turns out she would beat anyone in a watermelon eating contest! no joke. she ate a whole bowl of watermelon, on multiple days, by herself, and shes like 23pds...so thats saying something! actually she is getting a little better at eating more. there are still times when I have to have her completly distracted in order to eat but its baby steps. and the second picture I just thought she looked like a rock star with her clip in strawberry shortcake hair. that was just about an hour ago.
Well we head off to boise in a few days to see the Turner clan. We are excited, and then after that Brett & I go to Havasupai to go camping and play in the water! so this will be it till we get back! It will be the first time ever leaving Berkley (my moms gonna watch her, thank goodness!) I've left her with my cousin one time when we went to the temple, and that is seriously the only time Ive been away from her (besides when brett watches her but that dosn't count). And honestly Im getting way nervous about it. NOT that I think my mom cant handle it, shes probably the only person Id want to watch her, or Bretts mom, but Im just gonna miss her and feel bad for leaving her! I hope she dosn't miss me as much as I do just thinking about it!......Im a dork I know....logically I know shes gonna have a great time with grandma, she loves people. I dont know what im so worried about, I just am. anyway have a good rest of the week!

6 comments:

Karlee said...

At Boston's 9 month checkup I think he was 23 lbs so it's funny to think that that's all she weighs! Well atleast you know she likes watermelon! Guess if you're ever wanting her to eat give her some WATERMELON! HA! I love her little rockstar hair too!

Evans Family said...

Don't feel bad about leaving her, and trust me you aren't the only mom that worries about leaving her kids! LOL When I left Maddi for 3 days it was really weird, but it makes seeing them all that much better, and nothing beats their smile when they see you again for the first time. :)

Annette said...

I think Berkley has grown in the month we've been away! Troy is only like 25 pounds and I worry when I leave him too. It would be easier if we were going to a tropical getaway though. . .

Neeley said...

Cute hair-do Berkley. My girls would be envious. Pink hair is so Fab.

jor said...

That pic of Berkley and the pitcher shoes is so cute! i love little kids...they are so funny.

have fun camping. The first time I left my boys I cried the whole night before i left...feeling so guily. But then had a really good time on vacation and the kids had a blast with grandma. So it will be fine!

The Colson's said...

Hey Em...I hope all is well! I just wanted to tell you how adorable your family is and to thank you for being such a great mommy example! You always do the funnest things and have the greatest ideas!! You're GREAT!!
Love and miss ya, Jenna