Monday, May 18, 2009

what you get for your $

First I just want to say we are not building or buying a home anytime soon. We still have to sell our house in Moscow before we even think about it. That said. I do like to look around in different areas so that when the time comes we can be really sure where we want to buy. So the other day I found this hidden neighborhood with gorgeous homes right on the river. are there are alot of different ares with homes on the river but this development of about 8 homes was next to an orchard away from everything and had a gradual slop to the slow river with big beautiful trees lining it. Gorgeous empty lot in between 2 houses. Basically my dream lot. now across the street (not next to the river but close) was another cult de sac that had no houses built yet but one empty lot for around$69 or $75,000- cant remember) so Obviuosly the one by the river is gonna be more. so Im thinking maybe $100-150,000- oh no. I called today just out of curiosity to see home much, hold on to your seat--- $535,000!!!! thats without a house! NUTSO CRAZY! So now aim trying to wipe the dream of living on the river from my mind! I guess our zebra blow up pool is gonna have to do!

3 comments:

Cassie said...

check out my moms area in hanson park they love it!!!!!

Karlee said...

Don't you HATE that! You find the perfect picturesc (sp?) spot and then BAM they kill you with the STUPID price! I hate that! Happens to me ALLLLL the time!!

chrisncallie said...

shoot. you had me all dazzled ;)