Thursday, January 24, 2008

RUN RUN RUN



So I've been excercising and for the first time I think ever I get it. I feel like Im in the routine and I enjoy it. I feel all around better and I know I can't stop now! Im excited and I hope everyone I know finds motivation to be healthy. I really believe this is one of my "trials" to stay healthy. Its a huge trial that everyone faces but we can control a huge portion of our health. I was watching Oprah the other day, not unusual, and they say that by not smoking you've added 10 years onto your life! How awesome! And by quitting smoking you almost instantly (about 20 minutes) see results health wise. She has alot of info on her websites and things to help people quit. Anyway I really think taking caring of our bodies that are on loan to us is a test,trial for all of us. I think its especially hard for women who have to deal with gaining pregnancy weight over and over. If anyone has any routines that have worked for them let me know Im looking for ideas to vary my excersing. Good luck to everyone and its never to late to try and loose weight!(I didn't mean to ryhme)

6 comments:

Jessica said...

Hey Emily! I totally hear ya... I have been struggling a bit more than usual with my own routine, just because of the stinkin snow. Usually I just walk everyday (30mins) and do little stretches and crunches inside. But since it's a blizzard outside, I've tried a stupid exercise video. I hate it though, so I need to find more motivation. Tanner is really good at watching Layla as some point each day (or evening) so I can do something for myself. Anywho.. what are YOU doing?

Cassie said...

wow I am proud of you!! Well I would be working out like crazy but I would probably get sick at this point!! I already can't wait to work out when this baby is out!! It is -20 here and I am going crazy cuz I want to go on walks, swim, etc. I need summer to come soon!!!

The Smith Family said...

Hey Em! We've been having some technical dificulties with our blog thats why it's so out dated. Anyway, thigs are good. I'll be 36 weeks along this monday! This baby should be here shortly after!! We missed you Chrismas Eve! Stupid migraines!!!

Karlee said...

I kept telling myself that as soon as the doc gave me the okay about going to the gym, I'd be there...well it took until Boston was almost 6 months to start! We got a gym membership and 2 months after that started my routine of going. I have to get up and go the SAME TIME everyday. I make myself go 5 times a week and spend ATLEAST 35-40 min on cardio. I ALWAYS do crunches just so I can lose this STUPID belly and I'll always rotate doing arms, legs, etc on the weight machines. I don't know if you have a gym membership but that's the ONLY thing that has gotten me to workout. Once summer comes I'll probably go walking on the walking trails alot but right now I can't so much! Don't you feel SOO much better about your day? I feel SO good when I do it! I haven't gone in 2 weeks due to Boston being sick and I don't want to take him to the daycare and I've totally felt BLAH! But I'm starting up again Monday! Good luck!

Evans Family said...

Hey Emily good job on the exercising. I know how you feel, but I must say I haven't gotten myself back to that point since having Maddi. It's definitely time though. One thing I love doing is Pilates and Yoga at home. They are both so relaxing to me and sometimes its just what I need to get through the day. Don't know if you've tried them, but I love them. If you do Pilates I recommend the Windsor Pilates videos. I have one that is only 20 minutes which is easy to find time for and it still gives you a great workout.

jor said...

Good for you! Exercise is so good for moms of little kids...we have to get our aggression out somewhere :) I loved running before, but since having kids my runs literally keep me sane! I have 2 friends that meet me early 4 days a week and we go together, it helps a ton with motivation!