Thursday, March 20, 2008

"Purse"onal Enrichment

Ta da!
This is the bottom cake
and the other four layers...


So Im the Enrichment leader in our ward and we just did our big Quarterly Enrichment last night. ahh, sigh of relief. Glad its done and glad it went well and I'll never make frosting or cake again! yeah I made that huge cake. you dont even want to know how much powdered sugar- 6 lbs! and 3 cubes of crisco. kinda grosses you out huh. it actually tasted pretty good. but still- never again. We had a lady in our ward speak on our "purse" onal journey through life and the stages and purses we use(temple ba, school bag, diaper bag) and she realted everything to the gospel. She did and awesome job! and we had taco salad for dinner. And little purse's for every on to take home.All in all it went pretty smooth. but when I got home I was beat! this is mainly for my mom to see the cake. (Mom-thanks again for letting me use all those table clothes and cute purse!)

5 comments:

Cassie said...

wow that cake looks amazing!! Maybe that's a new business for ya!? Oh about the name Paisley I love it!! I have already asked Mitch about it before and he didn't like it :( So looks like we will have to pass it along to another lucky friend whose husband isn't so picky like ours!! I like so many names and every time I ask Mitch he just shoots them all down. The name thing is way harder than I thought it would be!!! Keep the suggestions coming though, I appreciate it!

The Colson's said...

Em...you are sooooo creative!! You have to be proud of such a creation...you little girl is such a cutie!! If I need any adivice on being a mom...i know to ask you!!

jor said...

That cake is so cute! What a great idea to do different designs on each layer. I'm very impressed b/c every year on my kids bday I have big plans for their cakes and they NEVER turn out! It is so hard to decorate a cake. You did awesome!

Michael and Marisa said...

So Cute! I wish I could have been there!
Marisa

Annette said...

I am so impressed with these cakes. You did a great job!