Thursday, April 17, 2008

how to make an ABC book



So theres been a few people wanting to know how to make the ABC book or what it is exactly. Its a combination of a few things.



  • I got enough "coasters" from the scrapbooking store (basically super thick cardstock-comes in different shapes the size of a coaster) to put a letter from A-Z front and back and then one for the cover and back page

  • Then I used scraps from Scrapbooking to cover all the coasters

  • Then used a sticker for each letter on each one A-Z ( also available at scrapbooking store in many fonts

  • then for the pictures for each letter I used 3 things


  1. Pictures of Berkley (ex. for the letter I shes eating Icecream)

  2. Scrapbooking embelishments ( for letter M I used a tiny mirror)

  3. I bought a pack of flashcards from the dollar store for the rest of the letters that I couldn't think of pictures for


  • Then I punched holes in all of them, modge podge each page and put them all together with a metal ring!

  • Tip if any of you are planning on doing this I would reccommend a trip to the zoo with your camera that way you'd have alot of different letters covered and also have you kid in the picture!

3 comments:

Tiffany said...

I know I am some random person you have never met, but you should check the ABC book out . . . at www.cherishbound.com And then say you used me. :)

I found your site from Zac Oswald

The Colson's said...

Thanks Em...this will be a fun project!!

Karlee said...

THANKS! I think I'm going to try and get creative and make this! Doesn't seem to hard....guess we'll see though cuz I'm not too crafty!